miércoles, 11 de agosto de 2010

Noah St. John

The word AFFIRMATIONS meant nothing to me until I picked up Noah St. John's book, The Secret Code of Success: 7 Hidden Steps to More Wealth and Happiness and read that they can be one of the most powerful hidden secrets to success.

What's an AFFIRMATION? St. John describes it as a question you ask yourself that has the power to shape and mold your reality. They are questions that literally FORM a new life.

I'm a Destiny Coach, so one of my main pursuits in life is discovering what works to support those I serve in becoming more successful, in whatever they choose to be successful in. To that end, I read relentlessly, go to workshops and expose my mind to anything and everything I can read on the subject of success.

I've come across some things that absolutely do not work, yet Affirmations do.

Here's why.

Tony Robbins, a beloved and powerfully effective coach, says that our lives unfold according to the quality of the questions we ask ourselves.

The questions we typically ask ourselves (when we're alone in our head without adult supervision) sound something like:

* Why am I back in this mess again?
* How come I can't seem to get this right?
* What's wrong with me?
* Why am I falling into the same old patterns/traps I've fallen into a million times before?
* Why doesn't anybody understand me?
* Why can't I seem to get the success I want, no matter how hard I work?

The problem with asking these kinds of questions is that the answers show up in the form of your life experience. Your mind is an answer seeking machine, and will provide the answers to your questions in the form of your life, complete with all its experiences.

Your mind has a whole host of answers to the question: why am I back in this mess again? And is more than eager to show you.

Because your mind seeks answers, and returns the answers to your questions in the form of your life experience, you can use this inner power and ability to create unprecedented success for yourself. You can flip the switch inside you to the opposite direction and get a very different answer.

Such is the power of AFFORMATIONS: the art of intentionally asking the questions that create the life experience you desire.

AFFORMATIONS are even more powerful than affirmations. Why? Because you meet up with built in resistance when you try to state affirmations that you just don't believe, or that are not true of you yet.

One of the biggest culprits: I AM RICH. Your mind knows you're not rich, and more importantly, it knows why you're not rich. So it will present a clear argument, making its case in the form of your life experience (which is a life experience in which you are not rich).

Plus, your belief level is not high enough to really become rich, just from stating the affirmation I AM RICH. You can state the I AM RICH affirmation until the cows come home and still be as broke as a joke.

Why?

Because you don't believe it.

But, if you flip the switch on yourself, and turn that same affirmation into an AFFIRMATION--a question that has the power to form the reality you desire--then your question becomes:

Why am I so rich?

Your mind loves this question, it will lap it up like chocolate (or whatever you love lapping up). I've tried it. There's zero internal resistance because you don't have to believe anything that's not true for you yet. You're simply asking a question. And by virtue of simply asking yourself the question, your mind must seek answers and return those answers to you in the form of a new life experience.

Here are some of the AFFIRMATIONS I've been working with that have absolutely changed how I move about in the world (THANK YOU NOAH!):

* Why am I so rich and successful?
* Why does success come so easily to me?
* Why am I so beautiful and young looking?
* Why do people just flock to me in droves, wanting what I have to offer?
* Why am I so energetic that I literally leap out of bed in the morning?
* Why does everything always work out perfectly in my world?

Try a few of your own. Write them down. Ask them of yourself all day long.

I guarantee you will see results if you consistently use AFFIRMATIONS to replace the lame, non-productive, non-supportive questions you've been asking yourself.

I am so grateful to Noah St. John for the radical shift he caused in my psyche as a result of reading his words. Pick up a copy and see for yourself.

To your High Success,

Valerie Love

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario